Friday 12 September 2014

Vintage Treasures, Memories Shared | Hills District Wedding and Portrait Photographer - Sarah Moore

You would all know by now how much I love history and all things vintage. I scour Antique Shops for treasures and sometimes I come across the most amazing finds.

I came across an album full of printed images from a Swiss family's trip to Australia in the 1930s. It is an incredible piece of history.

Of course I purchased the album and have had it for years.

While looking through the album recently I came across these incredible portraits and thought I would share them with you all. It is exactly the kind of moment that I love to capture and would hope that one day
 my images will be cherished in the same way that these are.








The album begins with images from the Swiss Alps in 1930...




Then follows their journey on the Cathay Glasgow to Sydney, Australia...





The images of the Harbour Bridge and Sydney Harbour are incredible...







The family then proceeds to travel between NSW and Victoria taking some amazing images along the way (they were obviously very proud of the car as many of family portraits are taken with it!).









There are pages and pages of images (some as tiny as a stamp) - and if I have time I may put together some more to share with you all.






No comments :

Post a Comment