Tuesday 19 November 2013

Thrift Shop Treasures | Sarah Moore - Hills District Portrait Photographer

Ever since I was little I have been fascinated with anything that had a history. Especially old books, cameras and the older generation. I love opening a book and smelling history, having an image fall out of the book, or finding a handwritten message written in the pages. To hold a camera in your hands that has captured someone else's precious memories over and over again.

My home is full of preloved treasures, stacks of books, oodles of cameras, piles of old named suitcases and crockery - I love crockery.

My kids, especially Ty has learned to love rummaging through Antique Stores and Thrift Shops. Today our adventures found two old cameras and a gorgeous leather camera bag.


Ty thought that the camera and bag looked they belonged to a spy.

Ty has had an absolute ball playing spy all afternoon with his cameras. He has learnt how to wind on the film (even though there isn't any in it at the moment) so that he can release the shutter, and roaming around our acres tonight framing shots and lighting them with a torch.

I love that bits of me are rubbing off on my children.


 


No comments :

Post a Comment